Watch this space for help on a variety of subject for now it is just where we hide the answers to quizzes from the activities page.
1 Lake Washington an easy start for most Duroboaters Washington State USA
2 Lake Victoria Uganda, Kenya Tanzania
3 Lake George New York USA
4 Lake Mead Nevada Arizona USA
5 Lake Michigan Wisconsin, Illinois, Indiana, Michigan USA
6 Lake Pond Orielle Idaho USA
7 Flathead Lake Montana USA
8 Lake of the Ozarks Missouri USA
9 Lake Seminole Georgia Florida USA
10 Lake Winnebago Wisconsin USA
11 Lake Texoma Teaxs Oklahoma USA
12 Great Salt lake Utah USA
13 Lake Eyre Australia
14 Great Slave Lake Northwest Territories Canada
15 Lake Okeechobee Florida USA
16 Lake Champlain New York Vermont USA Quebec Canada
17 Baikal Russia
18 Lake Okiboji Iowa USA
19 Salton Sea California USA
20 Lake Wobegon Fictional lake from the mind of Garrison Keeler
3 pts if you guessed Minnesota USA
1. 36 feet, a fathom is 6 ft.
2. Yes if it a bench model no if it is a walkthrough. The thwart is the cross seat on which a rower sits.
3. Lake Victoria, bordered by several central African counties it is also the headwater of the Nile River
6. the Atlantic Ocean you will leave the Mediterranean Sea
9. d none of the above it is a sailors song sung to pass the time at sea or while drinking. some sea shanties
10. a red sky in the morning sailor take warning. red sky at night sailors delight
scoring 1 point for each answer 7 is passing 10 and you probably have salt crusting behind your ears.
1.Seven Seas may mean Several Seas Which several depends on who you talk to.
Check out these web sites for some historical thoughts.
another list is at http://www.whoi.edu/info/seven-seas.html
2. a left and right,
3 a stay on course with a compass on your binacle ,
4. Chris never got there,
5 The gunwale or sometime gunnel runs is the rail or surface that runs along the side of a vessel
6. C Duroboats go plenty knots, other boats knot so fast
7. The bilge is the lowest, interior part of a boats hull where old water and other nasty things collect.
8. An anchor light is white. Ideally at the highest point on a boat. The forward nav lights are red and green. Boats underway should have a red light visible from its port bow, a green light on the starboard bow and a white light at its stern. On small boats the Nav light and Anchor light may be the same.
10. Ebb tide is the receding tide after high tide before low tide. If you guessed it was when Uncle Ebb "tide one on" and didn't wake up until the waves reached him that is close enough give yourself a point.
Scoring the test. One Duropoint for each answer. 10 is passing but you get 5 bonus points if you are thinking about buying a Duroboat and 9 bonus points for already having one. If bonus points give you more than 10 total you may save them for use on future quizzes. We are still negotiating with ST Peter to see how many Duropoints will be required to get a free pass through the pearly gates. We suspect anyone actually arriving aboard a Duroboat will be waived on through.